Sunday, August 10, 2008

My New Scythe


basically many have known that i just change into a new White Banshee Scythe..
so its the time to post up something..well, just some review on it...
i had the first ride last sunday at kiara n my bike is not fully set up, i mean stuff like sagging n etc...
everything seems to be wrong for me..bad cornering, not stable, n few other things..
i was wondering is the bike or me? then i thought the bike is much better than myself perhaps..
coz riding a haro is totally different from this...
during that time, i was running 250X2.8 spring..its very soft n stiff...my 09 DHX5.0 eats everything like nothing...from berms to jumps...but hell, i wasn't on the right sagging..not sure whats the percentage that time..n the stupid thing is i kept asking rizal n zure whether its reliable on me or not coz it seems too soft...n yeah i was scolded by rizal for just making assumptions without calculating the sagging..my bad..hahaha
n still remember the incident after the angel switchback..i asked rizal again..n i even compared it to my haro..still remember rizal's word which directly go deep into the heart.."if u want to compare it to your haro, then don't change your bike la...use the haro" ...my god..cool quotation from a wise man..it made me think...can't argue anything..he's just totally right..
during the final run, Master Yamm was just right behind me..to eye on my riding..
it seems that i can't cope with the bike..n simply said "kenal bike dulu" from master yamm..
damn i dunno what to blame now even though it's no good to blame on others..haha
that ride ends n we go to nearby restaurant...thanx to rizal n zure for setting up my sagging..then i now it was just 20%...crazy..after some preload adjustment, i got the 33% sagging and it fells much nicer...yamm tested my bike, n he feels my fork is no good as it can't cooperate with the rear shock....well at first i was doing an experiment..just swap my white spring with a yellow spring...yamm told me to put back the white spring n put on some spacers..
yeah forgot to mention, zure and mie peaty helped me to lower down the cockpit...wow some cool extra service..n again it helps me a lot...
during the time, i got bunch of wise advices from the seniors..appreciate them all....
one sunday ends....n this is the first look of my bike..
look at the cockpit, so high...no good for cornering...


Sunday, 10th August 2008

Venue:BUkit Cermin trail
time 9.00-12.30

change made: 1)lower down the upper crown thus the stem
2)change from a high rise monkeylite easton to syncross bulk low rise
3)cut a pair of chain
4) put a 20cent coin as a spacer for the front fork
5) new spring of 300X3.24
6)a new folker lock-on grip


not much upgrading but the impact is biggggggggg....
i got the 30% sagging thus fasten the rebound..
my rides starts...pushing up the bukit cermin hill n it was steep..just that the distance not as far as kiara's...
get my gear ready n prepare to go down...i was nervous at the first time coz i hope its not the same as the week before...
the first run wasn't that fast, enough speed to know the trail....
n i was impressive..my bike did a great job n i was smilling when i finished the run..
spoken to rizal... "now i noe what's a DH bike"..hehe
what can i say, the cornering is superb...super stable n i felt like nothing,
the scythe geometry is just sweet and easily to handle..
the biggest thing that impressed me was the pedalling efficiency..
maybe its the propedal but stil, i believe that the geometry has something to do with it..damn..
if anyone can take my picture inside the helmet, people can see me smilling..n think im crazy...hahahahha.. i enjoyed my pedalling n it motivates me to paddle more..
next part is the loose rocks..Aaron crashed that part..
well, my rear tyre was floating as to corner with a high speed on a loosy small rocks...
i drifted but yeah at first i was so afraid but then, that bike tells me "hey, i can do this job..don't worry bout it.." i place back my left foot on the pedal n yeah its proven..again it corners very well even on a lossy gravel...
then it comes to tight section which requires more technical..
suprisingly, it was just so 'kacang'..still remember during my haro time..i was like on osim ass shaker.hahahahah...n even wash out easily..
now with longer chainstay, n nicer cockpit, i can handle my bike easily..
i almost crash and hit a try, but easily i recover n put myself back on the trail
nothing to worry on..just put any obstacle n i would definitely go for it..
i am so confident with the bike now...
it provides me everything i want on a DH bike..
well, what can i say i have no regret on getting this frame..
for just rm5.1k u get a good bike that can handles anything without worrying..
no doubt this bloody banshee scythe is a good bike...
im in deep love with the bike now....
just that i need to improve on my riding style..then my bike would love me back..more then i love her..haha

later i should post on some picture of my posture on both bikes..its totally different..n now i laugh when i see my pictures of KDD race...hahahahaha..

just my 20cents(that 20cent is inside the fork..hehe)
peace, Ameer

No comments: