Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Germany's R.O.A.M.er Felix in Whistler

Hey Bros,

since I left Malaysia two weeks ago a lot of things happend...some bad things, but mostly good ones.
One of those good things is definetly my trip to the holy ground of freeride mountainbiking - You guys know what I am talking about: WHISTLER, B.C., Canada.
But one thing after another...
After having had a long flight from MY to Germany, I couldn't wait to enter the dry-aired cabin of a plane again...but this time travelling westwards.
After 22 tiring hours we finally arrived and Whistler gave us a "warm welcome" the next day with pouring rain - awesome. But since we were quite burnt out, it was okay. We checked the numberous bikestores and one of my buddies spent 3500RM for Sombrio clothing...
We called it a day, and once we hit the trails the next day, which was first A-LINE of course, we found out that the trails profited from the rain - loam to the finest. The locas told us that the trailconditions were quite bad lately due to missing rain, so the rain came in just handy.
Having Crankworx going on right now, the who is who of he riders is around - yesterday Rachel and Gee Atherton passed me by on Dirt Merchant, while Kirt Voreis and Chris Kovarik (who cleans his bike himself!) flew by later this day.
Cool thing: Nobody makes a fuss about the pros here - they're just riders, and in general people are quite relaxed on and off the trails. No superstars at all. BTW: CG was around as well...if I have the chance I will talk to him soon about K.L. - I haven't forgotten about you guys :)
Today, I checked Crank it up, which is my new favorite trail - BIG tables to collect airmiles :) You can't sweep the smile outta ya face once you hit it there. Around 7pm, in the so called, extended play, I rode Schleyer, which is quite tricky and dusty...
Anyway...a picture saves a thousand words...so I'd recommend to check our (German) blog (Viel Spass, Ben!) - it is updated every day by my friend and Rocky Pro Mario.
Nice pics included :) Not so much riding yet (Hell yeah, we really ride to the fullest, and don't shoot too much :))
My arms are painful, my head dizzy, due to perfect sunshine since today...and I am out for today :)
Have a good time bros!
www.mtb-freeride.de/blog

No comments: