Wednesday, May 26, 2010

OZ Race report - ELDE

I was over whelmed off seeing the track for the first time. My first reaction was WOW!

Walked the track few times, then got riding with a couple (a lot hehehe ) of run just to get the feel for the track. Afternoon came around saw few riders getting in to it, I was nervous just looking and studying their lines. Their gates were fast. When it got to

practice with other riders I was nervous/excited coz I wanted to see where I stand in fitness/performance wise.

2nd day until qualifying day was like morning session and afternoon session. Practice summary:- I cleared most of the basic jumps. The more technical jumps I had to get some guidance from local riders.

Jumping to Qualifying day (Friday 14th May) 9am...I was 6th person to go according to race numbers. Over all my run was ok. Didn’t expert a fast time, but I qualified 15th out of 20 riders (that advance to racing) with the time of 59.8sec.

Race day…I was in moto no.3 to start, managed to do 3heats then I got knocked. Racing was full of pushing and shoving but. In the end I ended in 10th B mens.

Saturday evening was Dual Slalom, with a simple track with was fun…u just had to pedal every you could. Got 7th in B Mens. - ELDE



No comments: